The goal of the “After School Program” at Fort Montessori Academy (FMA) and Fort Aquatics and Gymnastics is to provide enrichment programs & organized physical activity for elementary School children and take children to swim and gym classes.
- Pick up from Elementary Schools around Murphy
- Taking Children to Swim and Gym Classes
- Nourishing snack provided.
- Reading, Puzzles, Sudoku, and Board games.
- Organized play.
- Weekly Craft Activity
- In house library
- In house media room and tablet station
Pick Up Offered From:
- Tibbals Elementary School
- Boggess Elementary School
- Smith Elementary School
- Groves Elementary School
- Martha Hunt Elementary School
How Does The Program Work?
- Parents enroll their children for the “After School Program”. Our School bus will pick up children from any of the above schools and bring them over to Fort Montessori Academy. There are daily scheduled daily activities for the children from 3:00 to 6:30pm. Parents can pick up children any time before 6:30pm.
Daily Schedule For The “After School Program”
- 2:45pm – 3:30pm Pick-up from School and Snack
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm Home Work
- 4:00pm – 4:30pm Gym/Swim or Weekly Activity offered by teacher
- 4:30pm – 5:00pm Gym/Swim or Weekly Activity offered by teacher
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm Outdoor play
- 5:45pm – 6:30pm Free Time
- Our After School program offers Swim and Gymnastics Program. Our staff will take your child to swimming lessons at Fort Aquatics or gym lessons at Fort Gymnastics at a designated time. You can choose any number of classes per week that fit your schedule and we will handle the rest. The intent of this service is to provide a worry free environment so that parents can eliminate the stress of getting their child to swim or gym lessons. The extracurricular activities offered at school provide the convenience to parents of not having to shuttle children around after picking them up from School. Most of these activities have free trial classes where your child can try each one of them before signing up.
Teachers And Ratio:
- There will be one lead teacher and one assistant teacher for every 24 kids. The Teacher ratio 1:12
- Parents are required to enroll for at least one month in the After School Program. Drop-in’s are not allowed.
Why Choose Our After School Program?
We strongly believes that every minute of a child’s time is precious. The brain is like a sponge and has no limit to learning:
- We take children to swim lessons and gym lessons and bring them back if you choose.
- Crafts and fun board games available for children to play.
- In house library for children to read.
- Sufficient ipads and tablets for each child to do homework or play during free time.
- Playground activity includes basketball court, patio area, and slides.
- Home Work Assistance is provided.
- Snacks are provided on arrival.
- Teachers are enthusiastic and love being around children.
- Facility is secure with 24/7 video surveillance system